Are you a faculty or staff member at York? Are you looking for an opportunity to celebrate York pride?
If yes, then the spirit liaison role is a perfect fit for you!
Spirit Liaisons lead their office in fun activities to celebrate campus pride and compete for great prizes.
They serve as an ambassador for York and promote school spirit in their department.
How does it work?
Spirit Liaisons organize activities within their office and attend events in conjunction with Red & White Day. Events spirit liaisons could encourage colleagues to:
- Enter the #YUSpirit Photo Contest
- Attend the Spirit Rally in the Student Centre at noon or go to the Faculty & Staff World Cafe
- Join the York community at Dr. Shourki's 'Last Lecture'
- Decorate Office Lobby or Doors
- Attend an existing event with colleagues (See Schedule of Events)
- Create an inner-office spirit challenge
- Encourage your office to wear Red & white on March 23
- Have a friendly competition within the office for the best decorated door/cubicle or best dressed employee
- Have a wall where everyone posts of photo of their favourite place at York or can post their favourite York
- Have a friendly York Facts/History Trivia game competition in the office
- Visit the Food Trucks
Spirit liaisons are also encouraged to complete the Spirit Challenge for a chance to win some great prizes! Click here for more details on the YU Staff & Faculty Spirit Challenge.
Deadline to sign-up as a spirit liaison for the upcoming Red & White Day is Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
Each staff and faculty member that participates as a Spirit Liaison in this year’s Red & White Day will receive a letter of recognition from the Office of the President, thanking the group for their participation. Spirit Liaison's will also be invited to a post-event meeting to discuss their experiences and share ideas on how to promote York spirit.
Participation is voluntary and departments are responsible for any expenses related to office activities related to Red & White Day.